L'oreal Professionel Beach Waves
I have naturally curly hair, which dries out in tight spiral curls without me doing anything. Occasionally, I don't mind wearing my hair straight or wavy for a change. Regardless of what kind of hair you have, I feel wavy or tousled hair looks great in the summer time. There is an effortless feel that comes with wearing your hair in this style, which is perfect for a casual day look.
The L'oreal team sent me their latest product, L'oreal Professionel Beach Waves, a texturing spray that helps you achieve the sexy summer beach waves. Here is the step-by-step, process that is suggested by the L'oreal team for getting voluminous wavy hair:
- Detangle, towel-dry with wide-toothed comb.
- Divide it into 6 to 8 sections. Twist each one, secure with pins and cover with the anti-frizz net. Blow-dry with hot air first followed by cold air to “set” the wave.
- Apply the new Tecni.ART Beach Waves spray – a texturizing salt spray to be used all over the hair to enhance the “beachy” style and help set the waves.
- Open up the hair, turn head over and scrunch using fingers.
- Flip head back and scrunch again for finishing touches.
Having given these steps a try, I feel they are best suited for straight or wavy hair. As I have curly hair once I put heat onto my hair, they frizzed out very badly. I tried 2-3 different ways of
L'oreal Professionel Beach Waves For Curly Hair
For curly hair I would recommend skipping the head and air-drying the hair. I created waves in my hair with the following steps:
- Towel dry your hair
- Comb it out with a wide tooth-comb
- Divide in into sections, I divided mine in 10 sections
- Twist each section and then tie it up. I used small butterfly clips to keep the hair in place
- I then let the hair air dry for about 2 hours and then spray the L'oreal Professionel Beach Waves
- After spraying my hair, I let it stay tied for another 15 minutes before I opened it
- Once open, I simply scrunched my hair
As you can see from the pictures, instead of my usual spiral curls, my hair is all wavy. My hair was still quite frizzy from on top, so I tied it up from the front.