#BedHeadHairSpace ~ Master Class with Savio John Pereira
If you know me, you know I am a little obsessive when it comes to my hair and am always eager to learn more about hair care. So I was super happy when the Popxo team invited me for a Bed Head Master Class with Celebrity hair stylist, Savio John Pereira during the Lakme Fashion Week.
Savio John Pereira along with TIGI educators, Reetu Dang and Audrey D'Souza talked bloggers through various styling options for all kinds of hair and then styled our hair at the LFW apartment.
Even though, I write mostly about fashion, the maximum number of emails that I receive are with questions on hair care. So I am really happy to share all the great little tips and tricks that I picked up at the session.
Bed Head Hair Space Super Styling Tips
- Don't take a dollop of any product and just blot it on the top of your head (something I am guilty of). Savio recommends you run the product through your fingers and then work it through all of your hair for best results.
- The majority of the product should be applied to the mid-length and ends of the hair.
- The amount of product required depends from person to person, if you apply too little or too much, either ways you will not get the best result. Always give a product a few tries to figure out the amount that is best suited to you.
- Another great tip, was the concept of creating a Bed Head Cocktail. As each one of us is different, we may need to use a combination of products for the desired styling. Bed Head products can be mixed together to be applied to the hair. For example: The Dumb Blonde Smoothing Stuff can be applied as a cocktail, mixed with the Hard To Get Texturising Paste. While the Dumb Blonde will reduce frizz, smoothen the hair and add shine; the Hard To Get will create a hold to keep the hair in place (now please read that sentence out loud.. heheheh).
- Bed Head products are really easy to use, specially for those of us who enjoy experimenting with styling our hair and want to create the salon looks at home.
Savio's Tips For Summer
- As the hair tends to get really dry, it doesn't hurt to leave a bit of the conditioner in the hair as opposed to washing it all out.
- Avoid oiling hair too often during the summer months.
- In terms of styling, tousled hair is big this summer.
- Try to wear your hair as close to its natural texture, meaning if its wavy or curly, try to work with a style keeping the hair the same, instead of straightening it out.
Tips For Curly Hair
- You don't need restrict yourself to the products that are meant only for curly hair. Products such as the Bed Head Totally Baked, Bed Head After Party and several others can also be used to style curls.
- Finish styling your curls with the Bed Head Foxy curls Spray for more definition and shine. This product also helps to reduce the frizz. It can also be used on the second day, on dry hair as a re-styler.
- Avoid using Dry Shampoo, as curly hair tends to be very dry by nature.
- Best to work the styling products into curly hair when it is damp or towel dried.
I've been using Bed Head products for years, long before they used to be so readily available in India. What I really like about their range of products and the tips given at the master class was that you can create different looks at home without really using any heating tools. Besides the Bed Head products with their quirky names, are always a vibrant addition to the bathroom and smell really good. :-)