India Couture Week 2014 ~ Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Sabyasachi Mukherjee opened India Couture Week 2014 with his collection "Ferozabad" at Delhi's Taj Palace Hotel. Every bride's dream, the designer created magic with his latest creations.
True to his style the outfits were grand in terms of their look and detailing. The designer played mix and match with the fabrics using khadi, tulle, poplin, chamois satin, organza and chiffon in equal measure.
The hand-printed floral looks for both men and women were my pick of the lot. I am sure we are going to see a lot of those pieces go from the runway to the red carpet. Gold buttons and hand cut bugle beads created a unique texture and look to the more formal pieces. Sure to be another super successful line from the much-loved designer.
Rani Mukherjee attended the show dressed in an ivory saree complimented by a Bottega Veneta Knot clutch.
My takeaway from this collection :-)
- Wearing black and white together (both a big "no" for brides but oh so chic)
- Cinch the waist with an embellished belt
- Investing in a hand-block printed saree.
- Ditching the dupatta and draping a pashmina shawl over the outfit instead. Easy to wear and ideal combination for a winter wedding.
- For the men: Invest in a sleeves Nehru Jacket; simple layering can make all the difference.
Exclusive Pictures from the cocktail party before the show...
Watch the runway show here...