Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes
The Clinique Chubby Sticks are a personal favourite. My "beauty box" has them in several shades and you're sure to find one in my bag. So naturally, I was quite excited to learn that Clinique has launched a Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes.
While I have worked for years with clothes and accessories, I am still a novice when it comes to make-up. So I thought it would be best to have one of experts at the Clinique store help me out.
The best thing about this new addition to the Clinique beauty loot is that they are easy to use and really convenient to carry around. You don't require any prepping, fancy brushes or real expertise to get the desired result. All you need to do it just glide it over.
Also, the silky formula allows for the shadow to apply evenly across the lids (without the use of a brush). There is no dust on the cheeks or any blending necessary. Only if you plan on using multiple colours together, it is recommended that you blend the edges of the two shades before the make-up sets.
Must have for any girl who is constantly on the go and wants to add a dash of colour to the eyes without having to spend hours in front of the mirror.
Steps to create the look above:
I was headed to work from the Clinique store and find simple day looks to be more tricky when it comes to make-up so opted for a minimal, fresh look. Besides, it is but obvious that I gravitated towards the Lavish Lilac shade.
- Start by applying the Clinique primer for eyes - All About Shadow on your eyelids.
- Simply glide the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes - Lavish Lilac
- Followed by Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes - Pink and Plenty as a highlighter from below the mid-section of your eyebrows outwards
- Instead of a black eyeliner, for the day opt for a shade that is more subtle. I would have never thought of pairing gold and lilac together but hey it works. From outside, making a line inwards use the Quickliner Intense in Gold Peridot.
- Black liner as kohl to line the bottom of the eyes.
- To finish add the Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara.
Uber cool shades to experiment with from Clinique's Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes
Sharing some pointers from my conversation with the Clinique expert:
- The brown shade, Bountiful Beige, is the most popular one, as contrary to the shade on the cover, it is very light and easy to wear everyday. Works really well on the Indian skin tone.
- If you're like the smokey-eyes look but want to change things up a little, apply the green shade, Mighty Moss, as opposed to the usual black or brown.
- Pink and plenty works really well as a highlighter, so can be used for a dual purpose.
- You can mix and match multiple colours together.
- To lighten any shade for daywear simply dab it with your fingers.
The look above is as simple as it gets here are some other looks you can create with the Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes in the words of Clinique Global Colour artist, Jenna Menard:
· For a fresh look: Apply Lavish Lilac as an all over colour on top and along the bottom lash line, and use Fuller Fudge as a wide eyeliner close to the top lash line. Lavish Lilac and Fuller Fudge is a great combination for the fall season.
· For a sophisticated look: Apply Bountiful Beige stick all over the lid starting from the base of the lash line to just slightly above the crease of the lid. Apply Ample Amber (shade not available in India) towards the outer corner of the lid along the crease and blend outward. To create a more precise shape use a shadow brush to blend the two shades together creating the desired shape.
· For a dramatic look: Apply Curvaceous Coal all over the lid starting from the lash line to just above the crease. Use Pink & Plenty to create a dimensional highlight on the lid. Apply Pink & Plenty over Curvaceous Coal on the inner corner of the lid, just above Curvaceous Coal on the base of the brow bone and traced along the bottom lash line.